Innovative Features of the Program
The Master of Arts in Media Production designation is unique in Canada. Blending practical and theoretical knowledge, the Program is the only graduate program studying Canadian broadcast theory, production, practice and policy. Other key features include the following:
- A location in the heart of Canada’s media production community, networks, funding agencies (e.g. Telefilm, OMDC), and close to major broadcasting facilities.
- A flexible program permitting students to choose from a wide range of media specialities
- A program designed to meet the needs of both professional and research-oriented students in media production.
- Opportunities for participation in advanced-level media and broadcast research
- A multi-disciplinary approach of study – radio; audio; television; new media; screenwriting; aesthetics, communication and media theory, transmedia studies, media business – that permits students to benefit from the expertise of a diverse faculty
- FCAD-based shared courses will provide students with access to peers, faculty and researchers in other related disciplines and participate in a broad range of media-based production and research projects